2009/01/18

I got out




It's becoming more and more obvious to me that it was really close, and that I really saved myself just in time. It's only been a couple of weeks but I am enjoying this calm so very much.

Actually I realised it as I was talking to a friend on last Monday's lindy hop social night. "I can't believe I'm already this tired and busy, the semester has barely started and I thought I was resting the whole Christmas holidays ..." she said and she looked so immensely sad that I had to hug her a little. "Maybe you need to work less", I said. "But how?" she said. "Can't you try to ssk for 80% instead of 100%?" I said. "Imagine what it would feel like to have a whole day to just sit at home and read books that you really want to read".

She looked at me in disbelief at first. And then I saw something changing behind her eyes ... Like a small glimpse of light that grew steadier as I spoke. Like some sort of hope, a way out she hadn't thought of.

And I feel like I really caught the last way out, for myself. It can't be true, of course, I know humans are able to cope with a lot more than what I did. It couldn't have been that bad ... But it was bad enough. And I got out!!! I'm not saying that everyone should do less. Everyone has to decide that for themselves. I suppose some people handle it a lot better than me? Or maybe it was just unlucky circumstances that made things so stressful last year. I can only guess.

These photos are from Friday morning; I arrived at school early (or actually on time - the bus is supposed to arrive twenty minutes before school starts, but very rarely does). I am beginning to love those mornings on the bus, and the short walk between the bus stop and the school.

- - -

P.S. Don't forget to join my inspiring scrap papers swap over at swap-bot.com. It's just too nice to get paper scraps in the mail to pass up :) Last day to sign up is tomorrow!



2 comments:

Victoria Durnak said...

Å herremin, det siste bildet er så nydelig at jeg får helt vondt i magen. Supert!

Anonymous said...

åh vad jag gillar bilden längst ner, kristin! kram.