2008/12/31

tunics and tights from now on




As some of you have heard or read, I haven't bought any clothes since the first of July. It was no problem at all for months; rather it has been quite the relief not having to bother with fashion. To tell you the truth, what with tiredness and stress and sickness, having one thing less to think about has been quite lovely.

But these past few weeks I have realised that gaining weight (which I do quite rapidly, because of this medication) and not buying any new clothes will decidedly pose a problem sooner or later, and here I am now: I have nothing left to wear. I have worn the same pants for ages and I suspect they will fall into pieces very soon. The same goes for my winter coat and my suede boots, and I ust can't squeeze into my skirts anymore.

So a few days ago I went out to try and by some pants. Good heavens, is I had known how difficult it would be I wouldnt even have tried. I have been a fan of Cheap Monday jeans and corduroy pants for a couple of years, so naturally, that's where I went first; only to learn that they didn't have anything with a wider waist than 32. How ridiculous is that?!

Basically I gave up the trousers hunt after that and decided to go for tunics and tights instead. For the rest of my life, or until I have lost weight, or, most preferably, clothing manufacturers come to their senses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you show us what you come up with? I am interested in 'tunics&tights' too!